Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blogs in the classroom

There is a lot of room in the classroom for the various telecommunications resources of today. Here in Cobb County, we use Weblogs to commutate each week’s agenda to parents and students may view the blogs to see what happen in class on a day they were absent. Many times in the past students have used email to send unfinished work to themselves and then email the completed assignment back to the teacher. This has proven to be a great tool to commute with their teacher. In my class, students can email me if they need advice on a project sometime over the weekend. Parents are using email to seek information on their children progress at school. As teacher, we use an electronic mailing list to commutate with each other.

At some point in the future, there will be a use for Instant messenger when teaming with classrooms in other parts of the county, country or world. This is where video messaging will have a role to play. This would make the world such a miniature place for students to work with other students from all over the world. I have every intention to continue using and exposing my students to new resources that will make them better 21st learners.

5 comments:

  1. Do you tend to get very many emails from your students seeking help? I was wondering if it becomes a great distraction during your weekend or not. Do parents also email very often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't get a lot from my students, but at times its helpful to a parent who needs help in understanding a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I thought I posted a comment but it didnt show up so here it is again. I love that students can email a finished assignment to teacher. The world is much smaller thanks to technology. Students have so much more exposure than in the past- I hope they take advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is great for students and parents. We are getting to a point where a student has every opportunity to succeed if they put forth an effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does your district have a filter on your Internet use and what e-mail address do the students use (work?)?

    ReplyDelete